The capital of Florida has a lot to offer the people who live there, and with nearly 200,000 residents, there are also plenty of successful individuals who are either making the most of their inherited wealth or reaping the rewards of their built businesses. Yet no matter what the source of your success is, it’s a lot of work to invest your money properly, to the degree that it can be a full-time job you don’t have the time for. Therefore, we often recommend the services of a financial advisor or investment manager.
Yet, out of the many firms you can find in Florida, which one should you work with? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Tallahassee, Florida:
1) Pyxis Advisors
Our top choice for Tallahassee is Pyxis Advisors, which is a firm that we think is an excellent choice for anyone looking for advisors that care and can provide a guiding hand. They pair with outside platforms and professionals to make sure you get everything you need, and can provide services that range to the degree that the firm can help you no matter where you are in your financial life.
They will adjust based on the needs of the client and the services that would be best for them, so it would be disingenuous to pin them down to a specific philosophy of investing. What can be said is that they will take great care when making decisions involving your portfolio.
Pyxis Advisors is a fee-based firm that does not have a stated account minimum or investible asset requirement, but we do recommend you inquire as to their fees.
You can expect the following working with Pyxis Advisors:
- Specialized services that can help physicians get a better hold of their financial future.
- A wide range of services for anyone looking for retirement planning or investment help.
- A team that cares deeply for their clients and will go the extra mile to make sure they’re making progress towards their financial goals.
2) Tallahassee Financial Advisors
With nearly $45 million in assets under management, Tallahassee Financial Advisors is a much smaller firm than what we’re used to reviewing, but Tallahassee residents will still find that they have much to offer. With a healthy mix between high net worth and non-high net worth clients, we find that most residents should at least look into them.
The firm knows the importance of communication, and you can note that they will base their strategy based on their communication with you first and foremost, and only after will they bring their expertise to the table in terms of making decisions for you.
Tallahassee Financial Advisors does not have any stated requirements to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Tallahassee Financial Advisors:
- Regular insights into the market and financial world available on their website.
- Services offered include total asset management, estate planning, tax planning, insurance services, and retirement planning.
- A focus on building a trusting relationship with their clients.
3) Six Pillars Financial Advisors
Another selection for Tallahassee is Six Pillars Financial Advisors, a firm with a moderately-sized team and a strong sense of duty towards the client. If you’re looking for comprehensive financial planning and investment services so you don’t have to worry about a thing in the future, they might be your best option.
They use a multi-step process to get to know you, your financial outlook, and your goals for investment. They know the importance of diversification and consider it a major part of their strategy. The firm will then review your portfolio regularly and make changes as they deem necessary.
Six Pillars Financial Advisors does not have any stated requirement, although you should double-check to see if they are the right fit for you as far as fees and costs are concerned.
You can expect the following working with Six Pillars Financial Advisors:
- A specialized retirement planning service plan that can help you get on track and stay on track.
- A series of newsletters, tools, and calculators easily available to help you better understand your financial situation.
- Estate and trust planning services should you need them.
4) Smith Bruer Advisors
With a small team of a few highly-qualified advisors, Smith Bruer Advisors is another great Tallahassee firm that works with individual and institutional clients alike, and is able to provide at the very least all the basic services you can come to expect.
Their investment strategy is to use evidence when investing and create portfolios centered around diversification. You can also trust them to hold themselves to the fiduciary standard.
Smith Bruer Advisors is a fee-only firm that we did not find a stated minimum requirement for. That being said, as always, you should double-check to see if their fees are affordable for your situation
You can expect the following working with Smith Bruer Advisors:
- Services for businesses and other organizational clients as well as individual and family clients.
- An emphasis on educating the client instead of just making decisions for them.
- Offered services include tax management, credit advisory, insurance-related services, and investment management.
5) North Florida Financial
Our last choice for the city of Tallahassee, North Florida Financial has a diverse team of experts that knows what questions to ask its clients and isn’t afraid to ask them (kindly, of course). They prefer to form strong connections with their clients and have experience working with business owners and working families alike.
They are more conservative than most other firms and will seek to preserve your wealth while also addressing your goals and concerns.
North Florida Financial is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum requirement, and to our knowledge is one of the more accessible firms in the area.
You can expect the following working with North Florida Financial:
- Services to help you get the right insurance program for you and your family.
- Strategies prepared that can adapt to any situation. No matter your problem, you’re in good hands.
- An active host of resources to help you better understand your financial situation.
You should be enjoying your time spent in Florida’s capital, not micromanaging several different investment accounts. We ask again that you consider leaving these tasks to experts and working with one of the firms listed above. We understand that this is an important and sometimes difficult choice, but if you take some time to precisely determine your financial needs, we’re certain you’ll find the perfect pick with some research. We hope you take these words to heart, make a few consultation calls, and start looking for a more secure future today.