At once a college city and a center close to Phoenix, Tempe is a unique environment in the metropolitan area, and that also makes it a place where many people can find their niche and success. And if you’ve already found it, we want you to be able to enjoy your wealth and have it propel you forward instead of hold you back by means of maintenance and constant decision-making. That’s why we think you should work with a financial advisor: they can provide support and handle the day-to-day portfolio management while you focus on the big figure.
Yet finding the right one can be tough, so we sorted through the area and found some of the best choices for anyone living in the Tempe and Phoenix areas. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Temple, Arizona:
1) TFO Phoenix, Inc.
The largest firm in the area and perhaps the main choice for the average family in Tempe, TFO Phoenix has been around since 2011 and since their founding they built up to a staggering $2.4 billion in assets under management, proving they know how to work with a lot of wealth and many different types of people. To do this, they employ dozens of experts and experienced specialists. We recommend anyone look further into them to see what they offer.
As for their investment strategy, they consider the long-term above all else, and as such will heavily diversify most portfolios. They also will try to minimize your tax burden.
TFO Phoenix is a fee-only firm that has no minimum requirements to work with them.
You can expect the following working with TFO Phoenix, Inc.:
- A team of tax specialists that will make sure you get the most out of your returns or pay as little as possible.
- A different approach to wealth that doesn’t see it as just a raw set of numbers but instead a tool that can propel your life forward.
- A large overall staff to help move things along promptly and to prevent you from ever waiting too long
2) Wall Capital Group
With $1.06 billion in assets under management, Wall Capital Group is another huge firm in the area, and Tempe residents will find that it’s a great choice for non-high-net-worth households. Additionally, they are great with communication and you will always be able to know what is happening with your wealth and why.
You will likely get a tailored portfolio plan from them, and your preferences and goals will be taken heavily into account, as well as your background.
Wall Capital Group is a fee-only firm that has no account minimum, but there may be an annual minimum fee to work with them.
You can expect the following while working with Wall Capital Group:
- Experience working with public employees and funds in the public sector.
- Helpful online tools and services to make your financial experience easier.
- A strategy that looks for the most valuable investment opportunities.
3) Belpointe Asset Management
Belpointe Asset Management makes the middle of our list with about $1 billion in assets under management. They are a larger firm in the sense that they have offices throughout the country, but they should be able to serve your needs in Tempe without issue. We do understand if you’re looking for a more local firm, however, in which case you should move on. With dozens of employees and advisors, however, you can find whatever help you need with them.
When you get that help, you can expect an investment strategy that will vary and be adaptive to your needs. They have multiple philosophies, so you are more likely to get a unique plan from them that will be a fit for your long-term goals.
Belpointe Asset Management is a fee-based firm that requires that does not have a minimum account size or minimum amount of investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Belpointe Asset Management:
- Personalized services and experiences.
- Additional services in the realms of real estate and law if you find need for them.
- Plenty of specialists on staff.
4) Versant Capital Management
With $909 million in assets under management, Versant Capital Management is a known name when it comes to financial advising in Tempe, and they have established themselves since their founding in 2004 by working with only the best advisors. From Versant, you can not only expect quality advice but an approach that puts the family first and takes a long-term view of your finances, allowing you to rest easier about retirement and beyond.
Their strategy focuses on letting portfolios grow over the years and decades, and they will use many different asset classes when crafting a strategy for clients. You can also expect solid efforts to ensure you don’t get hit with needless fees and taxes.
Versant Capital Management is a fee-only firm that has a $2 million minimum account balance requirement.
You can expect the following working with Versant Capital Management:
- An approach that looks at all of your assets and potential avenues.
- A library of additional resources you can use in case you are ever confused about what is going on with your portfolio.
- A team that’s focused on long-term thinking and won’t deviate irrationally from the plan.
5) Ironwood Wealth Management, LLC
A somewhat smaller firm that still has more than half-a-dozen advisors, Ironwood Wealth Management has $244 million in assets under management, but don’t let that dissuade you from considering them a top choice for Tempe residents, especially those looking to retire soon. They can help anyone worried about retirement (sooner or later) create a plan that’s best for them, and your savings can go so much further with the help of their experts.
Given the focus on retirement, Ironwood primarily focuses on portfolio diversification as a strategy, but may be more active at times.
Ironwood Wealth Management, LLC is a fee-based firm that has different requirements for its services, dependent on the type of account you open.
You can expect the following working with Ironwood Wealth Management, LLC:
- Services and staff that know the needs of retirees and pre-retirees inside and out.
- An emphasis on proper research and background checking.
- Resources to help you get ready for retirement and a better financial future on your end.
This can be a lot of information to take in, so we hope that you’ll come back to this page or take notes on the firms that interest you the most. No matter what your reason for living in Tempe, there is an advisor that can help you nearby and there is a path forward to further financial security and freedom. Consider every option and take your time when making a choice, and there’s no way you can go wrong for you and your household.