We don’t think we need to introduce New York City, and to say that there are financial advisors available for successful individuals would be an understatement. If you need help managing your finances or you need some additional guidance, you’ll be able to get what you need. Yet which firm among the multitudes should you choose? Which ones will be good fits? Have no fear, as we’re here to help.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisors for New York City:
1) Silvercrest Asset Management
With a massive $21.3 billion in assets under its management, Silvercrest Asset Management is our top choice for a financial advisory firm in New York City. Very exclusive with a $10 million account minimum, Silvercrest works in several (mostly East Coast) cities and naturally works generally with very wealthy individuals and families. One of the best-rated firms in the country, Silvercrest is with little comparison.
As an advisory firm, they have all the capabilities one would want or expect, and they employ nothing but the best people to that effect.
Silvercrest Asset Management is a fee-only firm that has a $10 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Silvercrest Asset Management:
- A willingness to use in-house and top of class outsourced resources in order to secure clients the best opportunities.
- The highest levels of professional standards and staff comprised of top-class talent.
- Experience working with generational wealth and estate management.
2) Tiedemann Advisors
Another large firm in New York City, Tiedemann Advisors (with $19 billion in assets under management) might be among the more accessible firms on this list and has a large staff to accommodate varying needs and goals. Recently undergoing several mergers, the firm has the assets and connections to help clients with whatever they might need, and they continue to grow.
The firm uses a large-scale approach to investing, looking into the big picture and adjusting asset allocation from there.
Tiedemann Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no strict account minimum, although you will want to check if there are other requirements or minimums not stated.
You can expect the following working with Tiedemann Advisors:
- A longer-term and reliable relationship with your advisory team.
- A belief in an open architecture and client input on where your money is invested. You will always feel in control of your assets.
- Efforts and options available to make sure that your investments have an ethical and positive impact.
3) Rockefeller Capital Management
Rockefeller Capital Management may have started out just managing the wealth of its namesake, but it’s expanded to something much greater, with $15 billion in assets under its management. They work with a variety of client types including individuals such as yourself, but they can provide advice and management to nearly any entity you control should you require it.
Rockefeller Capital Management prefers to consider a global approach and disregards short-term gains in favor of long-term growth and stability. Their research efforts are nearly unmatched, and they will get into the heart of a matter, visiting companies themselves if they need to.
Rockefeller Capital Management is a fee-based firm that generally requires $5 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Rockefeller Capital Management:
- Notable resources, insights, and market reviews to keep clients informed.
- A focus on the client experience and making sure that clients are meeting all their goals.
- Experience with those looking to buy, sell, or expand a business.
4) BBR Partners
BBR Partners is our fourth choice, with almost $14.2 billion in assets under management and a large staff working for them. They are a firm with high barriers to entry, and as such they worth nearly exclusively with high net worth individuals. Founded in 2000, the firm provides investment services, tax and insurance planning services, and many other services on top of the standard array.
They use a multidimensional approach when managing client wealth, knowing that high net worth clients have different needs and concerns.
BBR Partners is a fee-only firm that requires clients to have $20 million in investable assets, making it the largest requirement on this list.
You can expect the following working with BBR Partners:
- Extensive and nearly unparalleled experience working with extremely high net worth clients.
- Educational efforts to make sure every interested member of your family can learn about the financial world.
- Regular reports that are simple yet comprehensive, as well as secure.
5) Pinnacle Associates, Ltd.
Our final selection, Pinnacle Associates, Ltd. is more open to non-very high net worth individuals, despite their still notable requirement. They have almost $6.5 billion in assets under management and were founded in 1984 by Thomas Passios, and work with a variety of institutions and individuals, providing most investment services and investment advice above most other services. Immediately available information is limited, so we encourage you to contact them if they seem like they could be a good fit.
They mostly focus on long-term investing, and after meeting with you will determine the right asset allocation ratio. After this, you can expect regular readjustments based on your circumstances and those of the market.
Pinnacle Associates, Ltd. is a fee-only firm that requires $1 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Pinnacle Associates, Ltd.:
- A large team considering the assets under their management, and a healthy amount of experience in the industry.
- Experience working with socially responsible portfolios, so your values and your finances don’t have to come into conflict.
- The use of a variety of investment strategies depending on expected results and client goals.
Finding a financial advisor in New York City isn’t a difficult matter. The hard part is finding the right one in a sea of opportunities. We know that this will be a bit of a search and we encourage you to use every resource you can and to look further into each of the above firms. All that in mind, we’re sure that one of our choices will strike your interest. We hope that you find exactly the financial advice and management you and your family need.