A city in between cities, Dayton is in a unique location in Ohio that’s conducive to opportunities, great homes, and strong relationships. With this in mind, we know that there are many successful individuals (much like yourself) who are looking to better secure their financial future. For this, we recommend the use of a financial planner or advisory firm, able to use years of experience and training to good use guiding your assets through often confusing and tumultuous markets.
And due to its location, we can recommend for Dayton residents an excellent assortment of firms from Columbus and Cincinnati. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Dayton, Ohio:
1) Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel
A massive firm with over $11 billion in assets under management, Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel is a larger with more than a dozen highly qualified advisors and nearly 30 years of experience as a group. They remain objective and employee-owned and are committed to providing clients with the best possible services and experience.
The firm uses a range of investment options for clients, and the firm will work with you to determine which will be best for your needs. In general, however, they believe in investing in companies that are stable and that pay good dividends to their shareholders. Long-term investment is key to them.
Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel is a fee-only firm that has a minimum account size of $750,000 and a minimum annual fee of $7,000.
You can expect the following working with Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel:
- Main services offered include financial planning, portfolio management, cash flow planning, estate planning, retirement planning, tax planning, and others.
- Additional services for institutions if you’re in a position of responsibility.
- A holistic approach to providing services.
2) Johnson Investment Counsel, Inc.
With nearly $10.6 billion in assets under management, Johnson Investment Counsel, Inc. is another huge firm, this one in operation since 1965. With a huge team of more than five dozen advisors, the firm knows how to work with all types of clients and has the specialized team members to help you no matter what financial situation you come to them with. They are based in Cincinnati.
An acclaimed firm, Johnson Investment Counsel Inc. will customize their solutions for each client and will take a look at many factors before making any recommendations.
Johnson Investment Counsel, Inc. is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Johnson Investment Counsel, Inc.:
- Experience working with extremely wealthy families.
- Services include but are not limited to: goal-based planning, investment management, retirement planning, cash flow planning, estate planning, asset protection planning, tax planning, and philanthropic planning.
- The firm is and will remain entirely independent of outside influences.
3) Bartlett Wealth Management
Our last Cincinnati firm, Bartlett Wealth Management has $4.1 billion in assets under management and has been in operation since 1898, which makes it by far one of the oldest firms in the area, if not the country. They have succeeded over the years through a client-centric approach that is able to find problems and work with people to determine clear and executable solutions.
They prefer to pick more stable investments that trend towards wealth preservation as opposed to searching for larger, short-term gains. They will also use diversified portfolios.
Bartlett Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $500,000 in investible assets to work with them, but it is best to note that they primarily work with high net worth individuals.
You can expect the following working with Bartlett Wealth Management:
- A team that can help you if you’re currently in a transitional period such as a divorce or the loss of a loved one.
- Main services include family office service, wealth management, investment management, and financial planning (under which many other common services are found).
- Regular reviews of your current financial status and how your financial plan is working, so that adjustments can be made if necessary.
4) Hamilton Capital
Our fourth choice, Hamilton Capital, is based in Columbus and has $2.3 billion in assets under management. One of our top choices for the city, it’s an excellent selection for those who find the requirements of the first three choices a bit too high yet would still like to work for a firm that has an expert on staff for every problem or occasion. It has nearly 40 advisors under its employ and was founded in 1997.
The firm will carefully consider each investment, and as a rule, invests for the long-term with its proprietary process.
Hamilton Capital is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset or account requirement, but it does have a $2,500 minimum annual fee. With this in mind, it only makes sense for people with more than $250,000 to invest to work with this firm.
You can expect the following working with Hamilton Capital:
- A useful set of insights and information to help you better understand the financial world.
- Additional services for organizations such as retirement planning and institutional investment management.
- A large team with a diverse set of backgrounds and specializations.
5) Summit Financial Strategies
Summit Financial Strategies rounds out our list, and the Columbus firm has 19 advisors, $1.18 billion in assets under their management, and about 25 years of experience as a firm. They will focus not only on where you are now, but where you and your family want to be years in the future.
The firm generally ascribes to modern portfolio theory and will invest for the long-term and focus heavy on diversification in order to best protect your assets.
Summit Financial Strategies is a fee-only firm that has different minimum account requirements based on what services you are looking for.
You can expect the following working with Summit Financial Strategies:
- Services offered include risk assessment, portfolio diversification, tax management, financial planning services, and others.
- A commitment to working with their clients for the long haul.
- Experience helping clients reach common financial goals.
Whatever your goals are living in Dayton and whatever your current financial situation, we’re certain that with the help of one of the above firms you’ll be able to easily get whatever help you need to make the most of your assets. You can take your time with this decision, so we encourage you to do some extra research, call or consult with the firms that make the shortlist for you, and ask difficult questions as you see fit. The right choice here will help ensure your financial security for decades to come.