A city that’s just south of Portland, Salem can be a great choice if you love both city-life and access to beautiful views and serene areas, and also if you’re looking to build a decent business for yourself or settle down after establishing yourself earlier. Yet whatever you have in mind for your life in Salem, we know that you would want to make the most of your wealth and get the best returns possible, preferably without having to micromanage your assets. To do just this, we recommend the services of a financial advisory or investment management firm.
Yet which Oregon firms should you consider working within Salem? Which advisors would be able to best serve your unique needs? To answer those questions, here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Salem, Oregon:
1) Aldrich Wealth, LP
Our top choice for Salem is Aldrich Wealth, LP, a firm based in Lake Oswego that has $1.6 billion in assets under management. It should be noted, however, that they have an office located directly in Salem that should be able to serve all your needs. Mainly working with individuals, they’ve been in business since 1998 and work with people of all backgrounds.
While focused on efficiency when investing, they are generally a firm that is best for people with long-term investment goals. They will also, of course, adjust asset allocation and their general strategy as needed.
Aldrich Wealth, LP is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $50,000 to work with them, making them an excellent option for non-high net worth individuals.
You can expect the following working with Aldrich Wealth, LP:
- Experience working with a wide variety of client types, including athletes, professionals, physicians, and others.
- A highly qualified team that will also seek to educate clients and consider facets of your financial life outside of your investment portfolio.
- Transparent communications from their staff.
2) The H Group, Inc.
Our second choice for Salem is The H Group, Inc., which while a smaller firm, is one that can be a great choice for those who strictly want to work with an advisor based in Salem. They have only a few advisors, but all of them are CFPs and experienced with providing several different types of services. They have over $700 million in assets under their management.
They create tailored investment solutions for their clients and will frequently check in with you to make sure your goals are being worked on and check to see if your preferences have changed.
The H Group, Inc. requires that you have $500,000 in investible assets to work with them, albeit this is a somewhat flexible number for them (one way or the other).
You can expect the following working with The H Group, Inc.:
- Services offered include cash flow planning, estate planning, financial planning for several types of professions, investment planning, retirement planning, risk planning, and tax planning.
- A holistic approach to financial planning.
- An active approach to management when needed.
3) Arneric Massena
Our top choice for Portland and we think a great choice for many people living in Salem, Arneric Massena is a massive firm with $10.6 billion in assets under management. Mainly working with high net worth individuals and some organizations, the firm is committed to the clients they do have, and they are able to provide some of the more custom plans that you’d find in the industry.
They decide on major investments by a committee and will double-check every detail to prevent errors and sub-optimal decisions. They focus on the long-term for their clients.
Arneric Massena is a fee-only firm that has a $3 million minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Arnerich Massena:
- Experience working with organizations of various types.
- A thorough advisory process and regular updates regarding your progress.
- A willingness to try new ideas and alternative investments if they would be a good option.
4) Ferguson Wellman Capital Management
Our second choice that’s based in Portland, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management has $5.15 billion in assets under management. In operation since 1975, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management is one of the most experienced firms in the state, and to match, they have one of the most experienced and well-trained staff. They primarily work with high net worth individuals.
When helping clients, they prefer creating long-term gains and financial security for their clients, and anyone looking for a more cautious or careful firm to manage their wealth would be advised to seriously consider them.
Ferguson Wellman Capital Management is a fee-only firm that has a $3 million minimum account requirement.
You can expect the following working with Ferguson Wellman Capital Management:
- A different set of strategies that they can utilize, so that they can better meet the individual needs of their clients.
- Plenty of educational resources and helpful tools to help clients better understand their situation.
- A team-based approach to providing help that will ensure you always get the best advice.
5) Becker Capital Management
Our last selection from Portland, Becker Capital Management is a firm that was founded in 1976 that currently has about $4.23 billion in assets under its management. Mostly working with high net worth individuals, they might be an excellent choice for families or individuals looking for a more specialized firm. Focused on their research efforts, you can rely on them to be careful when evaluating companies for a potential investment.
Their approach to providing recommendations and advice will be personalized and research-heavy, and your goals and level of risk-tolerance will be important factors.
Becker Capital Management is a fee-only firm that has a $1 million minimum asset requirement to work with them as an individual client.
You can expect the following working with Becker Capital Management:
- Experience working with non-profit organizations.
- An emphasis on financial security.
- Experience working with generational clients and families, making them an excellent choice if you have those concerns.
Salem is a fantastic city that has a lot to offer, but it’s important to properly manage your wealth and income if you want to make the most of it. If you’ve found some level of success, we again suggest that you look at the five firms listed above and see which ones could fit your needs. After, don’t hesitate to get in contact and perhaps schedule a call or consultation. Whatever your choice, know that you will be in a better position for having made it. We wish you the best of luck with your search and hope you find peace of mind in your financial life.