With a rich history, great architecture and cultural centers, and a vibrant economy, it comes as no surprise that many people love to live in Savannah and have built a significant fortune there. Yet once people find success, it can be difficult to hold onto it (and the resulting wealth) without spending much of their time doing so. We know you’d rather be doing other things than investment micromanagement, and we also know you want the most out of your wealth. Therefore, we believe you would benefit from the use of a financial advisory firm’s services.
Yet there are quite a few firms operating in the state, so which ones should you consider? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Savannah, Georgia:
1) Alpha Financial Management
Our main choice for people who want to work with an advisor that’s directly in Savannah, Alpha Financial Management is an established firm in the area that only has a few advisors, but makes up for this with their focus and dedication to their clients. Involved in the community and ready to help nearly any potential client, the firm is always ready to provide an objective opinion on your financial situation and can help in a stressful situation.
As investment managers, they believe that short-term trading is inefficient at best, and will prefer a long-term approach to investment heavy on diversification.
Alpha Financial Management does not have a stated account minimum to work with them, although we do ask that you check as to their fees to make sure they are a good fit for you.
You can expect the following working with Alpha Financial Management:
- An additional office in Alpharetta if you live there, travel often, or have another home in the area.
- Services that are tailored towards younger clients that are still building their wealth.
- A team that works collaboratively to determine the best course of action for their clients.
2) Investment Research & Advisory Group
Investment Research & Advisory Group is our second choice and is an Atlanta-based firm founded in 1992 that has an incredible $7.97 billion in assets under their management. With the amount of resources under their command as a result of this, we think they can still be an excellent choice for many Savannah residents. To this day they remain a client-centric and friendly firm to work with.
They will focus primarily on asset allocation and consider many different types of assets when compiling portfolios for clients.
Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc. is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc.:
- Services for private clients that include financial planning, investment management services, cash flow analysis, tax planning, and others.
- They will be happy to work with other professionals under your employ, such as accountants or lawyers.
- A helpful online portal and online tools to help you keep track of your wealth.
3) Clear Investment Research, LLC
All the way in Alpharetta is Clear Investment Research, LLC, a top firm from the area that can work for Savannah residents and has $4.2 billion in assets under management. A smaller firm in terms of advisors, they pay careful attention to their clients and have the resources to provide whatever advice and aid is necessary.
They take a few main factors into consideration when working with their clients’ portfolios. These are the tax implications of decisions, fees and costs of making moves, and the risk-factor of the investment.
Clear Investment Research, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have any minimum asset or account requirements, but you should review their fee structure to see if it would make sense for you to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Clear Investment Research, LLC:
- A team that holds itself to the highest of ethical standards.
- A staff that is experienced at dealing with more complex financial situations.
- Additional services that pertain to working out employee retirement plans and helping organizational clients.
4) Homrich Berg Wealth Management
Based in Atlanta with $5.4 billion in assets under their management, Homrich Berg Wealth Management is one of the largest and most effective firms in the area and the state. Their comprehensive approach provided by their 60 advisors (many of whom have the highest certifications possible in their fields) allows you to have complete peace of mind about your finances while working with them.
While the main thing you can be certain of is that their experts will be focused on your investment goals, the firm also looks at risk-tolerance, tax efficiency, portfolio diversification, and several other factors when helping clients.
Homrich Berg Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but if you have less than $500,000, you might be paying a minimum fee. We recommend double-checking to see if the firm’s fees fit well within your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Homrich Berg Wealth Management:
- Experience working with many different types of clients with different backgrounds.
- The ability to service clients all across the country.
- A team that can easily address family financial planning and generational wealth concerns.
5) Brightworth, LLC
Our final choice for the city of Savannah is Brightworth, LLC a firm based in Atlanta that has $3.33 billion in assets under management. Founded in 1997, they are an accessible firm that offers plenty of different services, including education planning, retirement planning, tax planning, business transition planning, trust management and estate planning, philanthropic planning, and the usual financial planning and investment management services.
The firm generally uses long-term strategies and planning, preferring to avoid the risks that come with short-term trading. They do, however, instruct the independent money managers they work with to make adjustments as needed based on the behavior of the market.
Brightworth, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Brightworth, LLC:
- They have the needs of specific types of people and professionals such as dentists, entrepreneurs, and business owners in mind.
- A team that will work to form long-lasting relationships with their clients.
- An advisory staff that will be easy to contact if you have any questions.
Savannah has so much going for it that we understand why you would never want to leave. And we want to help you make sure it stays that way through careful financial planning that one of the firms listed above can provide. Think carefully about what you’re looking for from a firm, and try to make sure that you are able to get the services and level of attention you need. No matter your final choice, we hope that you find a great partner and that all your future financial decisions work out well.