A place to live if you don’t necessarily want to live to close to the Louisiana coast but still want to have a rich cultural life and be surrounded by easy to access natural beauty, Shreveport is a wonderful option for many people like yourself who have found success or are working extremely hard to build their career or business. Yet living as excellent as you can while also managing an increasingly complex financial situation can be difficult if not nearly impossible, which is why we often recommend the services of a financial advisor.
Yet there are quite a few firms to choose from, and they are not all equal. To help you narrow down your options, here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Shreveport, Louisiana:
1) Williams Financial Advisors, LLC
Our top choice for Shreveport is Williams Financial Advisors, LLC, a firm that’s based in Shreveport and has a team of four advisors (and a support staff to match). Easily accessed by Shreveport residents, they can handle all your standard financial advisory needs, whether you’re looking to plan for retirement, education, or get help minimizing your tax burden.
When working with you, they’ll get to know you and your goals, and then with that information find a portfolio that will work for you.
Williams Financial Advisors, LLC does not have any stated requirements, but we recommend inquiring as to their fee structure to make sure they are an appropriate fit for your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Williams Financial Advisors, LLC:
- Commitment to providing the highest possible quality level of customer service.
- Financial advisory services tailored towards women.
- Services offered include asset allocation, financial planning, account aggregation, many other wealth management services.
2) Darden Financial
Another excellent choice for many successful individuals, Darden Financial may be a very small firm with only one advisor, but it is an option-based right in Shreveport that you can rely on, especially if you have a larger net worth to manage.
When managing investments, Darden Financial looks for consistency in investments, and balance perspectives to make sure opportunities aren’t overvalued or missed. They place a high priority on preventing losses.
Darden Financial requires clients to have a minimum initial investment of $250,000 to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Darden Financial:
- Services offered include wealth management, financial planning, retirement planning, and more specialized services for more affluent investors.
- A helpful onboarding process where you’ll get to better know your advisor (and vice versa).
- Regular performance reviews to ensure you’re on track with your financial goals.
3) Waters, Parkerson, & Co., LLC
Our first selection from New Orleans, Waters, Parkerson, & Co, LLC has about $1.53 billion in assets under management and is one of the largest firms in that area. Working primarily with high net worth individuals (and some other individuals), if you’re looking for a firm that knows how to best help wealthy clients, consider them first.
A more conservative firm than most when it comes to client assets, they focus on portfolio diversification and wealth preservation.
Waters, Parkerson, & Co. LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement but does have a $10,000 minimum annual fee in most cases. Therefore, we would only recommend people with more than $1 million to invest work with them.
You can expect the following working with Waters, Parkerson, & Co., LLC:
- A simple and transparent fee structure for clients.
- Services offered include cash flow management, estate planning, tax planning, retirement planning, and others.
- Efforts will be taken to build a trusting and helpful client-advisor relationship.
4) Crescent Capital Consulting, LLC
Another selection from New Orleans that can be a great option for non-high net worth individuals, Crescent Capital Consulting, LLC is a firm that was founded in 2010 and currently has about $617 million in assets under management. They provide excellent comprehensive financial planning services, and working professionals should at least see what they have to offer.
Like many great firms, they will focus on your goals and needs as a client first before determining an investment plan. You can also trust they will make adjustments to your portfolio as the financial world changes.
Crescent Capital Consulting, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum, although as always, we do advise you to double-check their fees to see if you are a good fit.
You can expect the following working with Crescent Capital Consulting, LLC:
- A carefully thought-out advisory process to ensure the best possible portfolio and financial situation for clients.
- Plenty of specialized services available.
- They use a team of specialists and analysts. Each of them has something to offer clients, and collaboration between them is what gives this firm a leg up on the competition.
5) Delta Financial Advisors
Our last choice from New Orleans and our last selection as an excellent choice for Shreveport residents, Delta Financial Advisors has around $408 million in assets under management and has been in operation since 2002. Over the years they’ve only proven their ability to keep client’s assets safe and growing, and this can be attributed to the careful attention they pay to their needs.
They will consider where you are in your financial life before making any investment changes, and you can also trust they will keep tax considerations in mind as well.
Delta Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $500,000 in investible assets to work with them, but they may change this amount depending on the potential client.
You can expect the following working with Delta Financial Advisors:
- A team that holds itself to high ethical and moral standards.
- They will regularly review the markets so that your assets will be in safe hands.
- They will consider investing in individual stocks and securities.
Shreveport can be your own personal paradise if you know how to properly manage your wealth and can get the right information and advice along those lines. Fortunately, we’re confident that you can find the perfect guidance for your situation among the firms listed above. It might not be the easiest choice, whether it means working with a firm a while away or committing a lot to an initial investment, but remember that you have ultimate control of your financial situation and that with careful planning you’re almost certain to make the right call.