St. Lucie (or more specifically Port St. Lucie), is one of the fastest-growing cities in Florida, and also a city with one of the more interesting recent histories in the country. With more than 430,000 people in the larger metro area, St. Lucie is also a place where entrepreneurs have found success and some families are settling themselves to build their wealth and home. And like anywhere else, we think it is wise for such people to consider working with a financial advisor to get expert advice and take the load off themselves.
And while most will be able to benefit you to some degree, some firms will be better for you than others. With that in mind, here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Port St. Lucie, Florida:
1) Resource Consulting Group
Based in Orlando, it’s hard to ignore the benefits that Resource Consulting Group can offer you if you live in the area. With $1.8 billion in assets under management, they are standing tall over the competition, and they generally work with wealthier people who are hoping to remove some of the stress in their lives that success can bring.
Before anything else, they work to come up with a plan to help you better understand your situation and goals. Following this, they will use their main investing principles to guide clients towards greater returns from their portfolio and adjust allocation and their strategy as necessary as the market changes.
Resource Consulting Group is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum investment requirement to work with them, but does have a $9000 minimum annual fee.
You can expect the following working with Resource Consulting Group:
- They have a strict focus on providing financial advice and investment management services, and don’t bother to sell products or deal in insurance or legal services.
- A focus on long-term gains for their clients.
- A research-oriented team and outlook on investing.
2) Palisades Hudson Asset Management
One of the top firms in Fort Lauderdale that has $1.4 billion in assets under management, Palisades Hudson Asset Management has over two decades of experience as a firm and a larger team of advisors that all have their specializations and are capable of dispensing excellent financial advice for both you and your family. They work with a wide range of clients and know how to handle most situations that can be found in St. Lucie.
Asset allocation is key to them, and they are dedicated to providing clients with advice and management that helps them meet their goals.
Palisades Hudson Asset Management is a fee-only firm that doesn’t have a minimum account requirement but does have a minimum annual fee. In general, we recommend only people with $500,000 or more to invest consider working with them.
You can expect the following working with Palisades Hudson Asset Management:
- Services provided include things such as estate and trust planning, philanthropic planning services, business service offerings, and family office services to help ensure generational wealth.
- A strictly objective approach to analyzing a situation and providing advice.
- Excellent tax planning services.
3) Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC, with $559 million in assets under management, is another firm based in Orlando that prides itself on its objectivity and its ability to cut out the noise the markets sometime provide. Services offered include estate planning, retirement planning, investment management, risk management, investment planning, and tax planning.
They will work with clients to determine the general strategy for their portfolio, but in general, they prefer to focus on proper diversification and client education.
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC:
- An additional location in Melbourne if you’re closer to that area, have another home, or travel frequently.
- A specialist in investor psychology on staff, giving the firm an angle most others wouldn’t consider.
- They seek to educate clients and keep them up to date with not only their finances but the best personal finance habits.
4) American Financial Advisors
American Financial Advisors is another Orlando firm that has about $525 million in assets under management. With only six advisors, they might be a bit smaller for that amount of wealth under their purview, but these are some of the best in the area and can certainly be a great team to help you in St. Lucie.
They generally work with modern portfolio theory and will try to make sure that clients have a diverse portfolio while looking towards long-term gains, avoiding risky bets in the meanwhile.
American Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with American Financial Advisors:
- Trust and estate planning and management services, should you be interested.
- A fully comprehensive process when it comes to financial planning.
- Business advisory services if you are an entrepreneur or business owner.
5) Socius Family Office
Another Fort Lauderdale firm that we think can be a great fit for some St. Lucie residents, Socius Family Office is able to help a wide variety of clients, and is a firm you can trust whether you’re just finding success from your business or wealth has been in your family for generations. They have $391 million in assets under management.
They mostly focus on preserving your wealth through proper asset allocation and risk management. They also seek to eliminate waste from your investment methods, and will always rely on objective information.
Socius Family Office is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Socius Family Office:
- A second office in Pennsylvania and the capability to service clients all over the country.
- Services that were designed and fine-tuned with professional athletes, recipients of sudden large amounts of wealth, and entrepreneurs in mind.
- A staff that knows precisely how to work with wealthier families.
St. Lucie is a wonderful place to live for many, but if you’re looking to maintain your level of wealth over the years, its best to be smart about it, and there are few wiser options than working with a team of experts to determine your best path forward. We know this isn’t always an easy choice, especially if you’re keeping distance in mind, but a bit of effort now will be more than worth it in the long run. We wish you the best of luck on your search and hope that the above information has proved itself a helpful guide.