A major suburb of Detroit and one of the largest cities in the entirely of Michigan, Sterling Heights can be a great place to live and was home to a strong manufacturing base, a legacy that is strong in the city’s roots as it adapts to the new century. And due to the history of the city and the nearby economic opportunities, we know there are plenty of successful and wealthy individuals (perhaps like yourself) living there. With that in mind, we recommend that you consider working with a financial advisor to get the most from your wealth.
Yet which firm should you eventually work with, given the wealth of options? We’re here to help as we’ve already sorted through then, so here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Sterling Heights, Michigan:
1) Plante Moran Financial Advisors, LLC
Our top firm for Sterling Heights is based in Southfield and has about $14 billion in assets under its management. With a history dating back to 1977 and a staff that totals more than 250 professionals, it’s clear to see why Plante Moran Financial Advisors, LLC is such a dominating force in the area. Working with a mixture of client types, their list of provided services extends far beyond what we describe here. If it exists, they can probably offer it.
They will first work with you to determine your goals, risk tolerances, and other pertinent information. Then they will pair you with the right advisor for the job, who will create a more detailed plan for you.
Plante Moran Financial Advisors, LLC is a fee-based firm that requires that you have a $500,000 account minimum to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Plante Moran Financial Advisors, LLC:
- Great experience working with people in professional fields.
- A comfort working with extremely wealthy clients despite their large range of accepted net worth.
- The ability to provide business transition services, should you find yourself in need of them.
2) Schwartz & Co.
Schwartz & Co., founded in 1976 and based in Bloomfield Hills, is an excellent firm that has $3.48 billion in assets under management, not matching our top choice but still far above nearly all the competition. With more than a dozen advisors, you can trust that they will be able to give you the personalized services you deserve.
Focused primarily on the long-term for their clients, Schwartz & Co. will use a variety of investment options and will analyze the market under a few different lenses in order to make sure that no information is left unconsidered.
Schwartz & Co. is a fee-based firm that does not have any strict requirement to work with them, but they do have certain requirements for some services. Additionally, we recommend you double check their fee structure to make sure working with them makes sense to you.
You can expect the following working with Schwartz & Co.:
- The firm offers institutional services in addition to individual-focused ones.
- A firm with strong family values that will place your needs first.
- A commitment to independence from outside considerations and influences.
3) Telemus Capital, LLC
With more than two dozen advisors and $2.59 billion in assets under management, Telemus Capital, LLC is a Southfield firm that is willing to go the distance for their clients. A bit of a more exclusive firm, we find the firm to be a great choice for people who find what they have to offer unique and useful or for people who need truly in-depth help with their complicated financial life.
Telemus rarely sticks to a strict plan and will instead work with each individual client to determine what they might need the most. They are flexible and can adjust if your situation or goals change.
Telemus Capital, LLC is a fee-based firm that does not have any minimum asset or minimum account requirements, but it does have a minimum annual fee of $3,750.
You can expect the following working with Telemus Capital, LLC:
- A large library of insights and articles to help you better understand the financial world.
- An in-depth management and planning process that will look at every possibility and contingency.
- Solutions and services for business owners are available.
4) Advance Capital Management, Inc.
Another firm based in Southfield, Advance Capital Management, Inc. has $2.5 billion in assets under management. And while the firm has additional offices in four locations (and a few more by-appointment locations), there are enough advisors staffed in this office to ensure that you can get the services and specialized help you need. They were founded in 1986, and have proven their credentials in the industry.
They mostly work with ETFs when determining which investments would be best for a client, but will utilize other options based on the needs and desires of the client.
Advance Capital Management, Inc. is a fee-only firm that has different requirements depending on which services you are interested in.
You can expect the following working with Advance Capital Management, Inc.:
- Plenty of tools to help you get a better understanding of your current retirement situation, among other things.
- Their main services include financial planning, investment advice, and asset management. Other common services often fit into one of these three categories for them.
- A team that will work hard to earn your trust and build a long-term client-advisor relationship.
5) Mainstay Capital Management, LLC
With $2.47 billion in assets under management, Mainstay Capital Management, LLC. is a bit out of the way in Grand Blanc, but we still believe they can be an excellent choice for some readers in the Sterling Heights area. Founded in 2000 and working primarily with non-high net worth individuals, they are a more accessible option and can help professionals and families prepare for the future while keeping standard needs in mind.
They provide active investment portfolio management services and will readjust and rebalance your portfolio as needed. Your risk tolerance and goals will be the guiding needle for their decision-making.
Mainstay Capital Management, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Mainstay Capital Management, LLC:
- Services offered include retirement planning, investment management, and more general financial planning.
- A great deal of experience working with 401(k) plans for clients.
- Offices in three locations in Michigan (Grand Blanc, Troy, and Novi) and one in Naples, Florida.
Sterling Heights can be a great place to make your home, whether you’ve found success in Detroit or within the city limits of Sterling Heights themselves. And since there are so many excellent choices for a financial advisor in the area, there’s no excuse to delay your search for a partner today. Remember your main goals and priorities and have a willingness to shop around for the best agreement for you. If you keep these things in mind, we’re certain you won’t be able to go wrong.