An important city in New York State with a metropolitan population of over 650,000 people, Syracuse is a crossroads, an educational center, and a city with more burgeoning opportunities to anyone with the right idea. Yet as anyone with established wealth can tell you, it can be difficult to keep track of things and live a more relaxed life you worked so hard for in the first place. To solve this problem, we recommend the use of a financial advisor, which can provide you with guidance and handle some of the management tasks for you.
Yet which advisors should you consider? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Syracuse, New York:
1) Rockbridge Investment Management, LLC
Rockbridge Investment Management, LLC is a firm based right in Syracuse and is the largest firm we could find with $708 million in assets under management. And they don’t just have size and resources behind them, they have more than a dozen experienced advisors and history as a group that dates to 1997. They are a great firm for anyone, especially people with a lower net worth who are still looking for financial guidance as they find their first few measures of success.
They are more passive in their investment style and lean towards the use of mutual funds and ETFs. They are careful in their selections.
Rockbridge Investment Management, LLC is a fee-based firm that does not have any minimum account requirements, but we do recommend seeing if their fee structure is a good fit with your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Rockbridge Investment Management, LLC:
- A careful and objective approach to providing advice.
- A great deal of experience investing to help people prepare for retirement.
- Experience working with families and navigating tricky situations.
2) Pinnacle Investments, LLC
Our second choice, Pinnacle Investments, LLC, is also based in Syracuse and has $439 million in assets under their management. They have a large staff, plenty of resources to help with many different types of issues, and while they call themselves a boutique firm, they have more than the average one at their disposal to provide their clients.
They will use a variety of different strategies based on the financial situation of the client and are open to quite a few alternatives.
Pinnacle Investments, LLC is a fee-based firm that has different minimum account requirements based on the type of account you want with them.
You can expect the following working with Pinnacle Investments, LLC:
- A collaborative environment that helps clients get multiple perspectives.
- Many additional services outside of those under the investing and planning umbrellas.
- A dedication to transparency and clear communication.
3) Blue Ocean Strategic Capital
Our third choice for Syracuse, New York is Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, which has $850 million in assets under management (by their own reporting) and, while a smaller firm with only a handful of advisors, is also an excellent choice for anyone hoping to get a closer analysis of their situation and a more personal feel. The firm was founded in 1997.
They focus heavily on asset allocation in order to meet your needs, and they carefully consider risk management alongside this to craft the best portfolio.
Blue Ocean Strategic Capital is a fee-only firm that does not have any stated account minimum or minimum asset requirement, but as with all firms, we ask that you check their fee structure to make sure it can be a responsible pick for your finances.
You can expect the following working with Blue Ocean Strategic Capital:
- Main services offered include social security consultation, financial planning, and investment management, with other common service types under those categories.
- They can focus on not only raw numbers but on improving your lifestyle.
- Services for clients at every stage of life.
4) Blue Water Capital Management, LLC
Blue Water Capital Management, LLC is another Syracuse firm, this one with $94 million in assets under management and just four advisors, but we found them capable of handling the needs of many Syracuse residents. They were founded in 2007 and provide a wide variety of different services for clients.
This firm doesn’t necessarily stick with a chosen strategy for all situations, and instead will consider the options that are best for the client at hand. They will work with you to select a portfolio that’s perfect for your goals and risk tolerances.
Blue Water Capital Management, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $50,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Blue Water Capital Management, LLC:
- Additional services for employers and organizations.
- Services that can help you plan for specific life events.
- A high degree of transparency.
5) Armory Capital Management, LLC
Our last choice for Syracuse, Armory Capital Management, LLC is a firm based in Syracuse that has $74 million in assets under their management. Focusing heavily on portfolio management, they are focused, clear-minded, and firm in their philosophy. A smaller firm, they have only a few advisors and opened in 2019, making them a newcomer to the industry.
They take pride in being a heavily disciplined firm that will take things slowly and will rely on long-term investments for their clients. They will also be careful about minimizing your tax burden
Armory Capital Management, LLC is a fee-only firm that doesn’t have a minimum account requirement, but their fee structure may not be perfect for everyone.
You can expect the following working with Armory Capital Management, LLC:
- Regular review meetings and updates regarding your portfolio and its performance.
- A willingness to actively manage a portfolio and not remain too passive despite a long-term approach.
- Careful comparisons will be made to make sure you’re getting top performance from your investments.
We understand if the process of picking out the right financial advisor for you and your family can be a bit tough or complicated, but we want to reassure you that all the time you’re putting in now will pay off extremely well in the long run. Once you’re set-up, you’ll be able to rest easier knowing one of the above firms and their expert team will be looking over your assets. We wish you the best of fortune for your life in Syracuse, and hope that you’ll be able to get everything you’re looking for from the client-advisor relationship.