Accounting & Invoicing
- QuickBooks Self-Employed – Best all-in-one bookkeeping software for managing all of your income, expenses and estimating quarterly taxes. It also syncs with Mint.com, TurboTax and other Intuit products.
- FreshBooks Cloud Accounting – Best for invoicing and managing small business clients and projects. It comes with a mobile app and the basic version is free!
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping – Best for calculating quarterly taxes and organizing all of your expenses and online income from places like eBay, Etsy, PayPal and Amazon.
- Xero Online Accounting – Best for DIY accounting nerds who prefer to manage their business finances. Also great for working with a bookkeeper.
- Digit – Best for automatically stashing away small amounts of money without thinking about it. And it’s free for the first 100 days!
- Discover Bank – Best for having multiple savings and checking accounts. Plus, it’s easy to transfer funds between other Discover credit cards and loan accounts.
- Cinch Financial – Manage your financial life all in one place. Syncs with your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, credit profile, and more!
- PayPal Premier – Best for invoicing and receiving payments from clients as well as digital products. Also comes with a free debit card.
- BillFixers – Negotiate lower monthly bills without the stress or time wasted on the phone. BillFixers saved me $365 a year!
Productivity & Organization
- Asana – An all-in-one task management system for creating an editorial calendar, managing client deadlines and tracking other business-related tasks.
- [email protected] – Best music and background noise that’s been scientifically proven to help you be more productive.
- ConvertKit – Best newsletter software for creating and managing your freelance email list.
- Personal Capital – Best for budgeting your money, tracking your net worth and increasing your investments over time.
- Betterment – Best for managing your retirement and investing accounts. It works with IRAs, 401K and other business savings plans.
- Acorns – Best for newbie investors who want to dip their toe into the investing world without risking too much money.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Best for increasing the income you earn from affiliate partnerships and referral marketing.
- 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success – Best for new freelance writers who want to jumpstart their writing business.
- Become a Pinterest VA Today! – Make money by spending time on Pinterest and help other business owners manage their Pinterest accounts too.
- Asana For Bloggers – Best for learning how to use Asana to its fullest capacity to help run your blog more successfully.
- MileIQ – Best for tracking business and travel miles so you can take advantage of the most tax savings. Use code: CLUB20 to save big!
- H&R Block Tax App – Best for taking pictures of tax documents and filing your taxes from the convenience of your phone.
- Grammarly – Best for enhancing and checks your writing for spelling mistakes, errors in punctuation, grammar and more.
- Dropbox – Best for sharing documents with clients or team members. Syncs with your computer and mobile phone so you can work from anywhere.