Business owners in Texas are always looking for new and creative ways to reduce operating costs and streamline day-to-day operations. While there are many approaches one can consider to do this, one of the most effective and sustainable among them is leveraging a partnership with a Professional Employer Organization, or PEO.
PEO’s often have vast HR expertise and proven experience in payroll processing, benefits management, and more. Your small- or medium-sized business in Texas can take advantage of this expertise and experience, resulting in lowered costs of doing business as well as increased overall efficiency. To help you choose the right PEO for you, we’ve arranged this brief comparison of the top three PEO’s that serve Texas .
Editor’s Note: Now you can get access to even more PEO data by requesting a free, five-PEO comparison report. Just complete this form to get started:
In addition to offering core HR services like payroll processing and benefits management, Trinet also offers enhanced services like employee onboarding and recruiting. For Texas small businesses in healthcare, manufacturing, or transportation in particular, Trinet is an excellent choice.
- Long history of successfully helping small businesses in Texas
- Top-of-the-line HR technology with an easy to use web portal
- Fully automated reporting
- Self-management is available through a simple, intuitive platform
We recommend Trinet if:
- Your business has a complicated tax situation
- You need help with HR for more than just a few employees
- Your budget can allow for PEO services, but costs must be controlled
2. Oasis Outsourcing
Another highly regarded player in the large PEO space is Oasis Outsourcing. This PEO excels at not just basic HR services; they also provide you with trusted resources in areas of tax and employment law compliance within the state of Texas . Oasis Outsourcing utilizes a team-based approach that clients love.
- Multiple HR disciplines represented by a single service provider
- Advanced PTO tracking tools
- Comfortable working with companies of all kinds, from LLC’s to S-corporations.
We recommend Oasis Outsourcing if:
- Your business currently needs payroll processing and benefits management
- There’s growth in the near future for your company
- You employ at least two people
- You’re looking for the most effective method to trim spending
This Professional Employer Organization has earned a reputation within Texas for being a straightforward, easy-to-work-with partner with a simple pricing structure and broad service offering. Small businesses who want to contain costs while still providing their employees with excellent HR services are advised to seriously consider Justworks.
- More options when compared with other PEO’s of a similar size
- Industry specializations for manufacturing, construction, financial services, and more
- Retirement planning services are also available
We recommend Justworks if:
- You have identified payroll processing as a function of your business you want to outsource
- Your business operates using a franchised model
- You have employees in multiple physical locations
- You need to make a decision quickly and implementation must be fast
Choosing the Top PEO Company in Texas
There is a lot of ways to grow a business in Texas , but there is something common to the most successful businesses that are established here: smart decision making. When the time comes to make a decision about which Professional Service Organization you want to partner with, you want be sure you’ve weighed all of your options and have access to all of the information possible.
Keep in mind the following features of any PEO you evaluate: size, scope of services, years in business, and industry specializations. Try to choose your first few selections based on commonalities within these areas, and go from there. Often, the right PEO will become obvious as you encounter more and more comparative information like what is found here.
Lastly, don’t disregard the value that can be found with third parties like us whose objective is to collect only the most factual and actionable information about PEO’s. We do this so you don’t have to spend any more time than is absolutely necessary, and you end up making the most informed decision possible.
We know there’s a lot to consider as you perform your due diligence on the PEO’s that seem right for your Texas business. The right fit is out there, and it’s just a matter of remaining diligent in your search for the relevant features of them all. To help with this, we’re offering a free, five-PEO comparison report for every business owner who completes the form on this page. Let’s get started now, so you can start enjoying the benefits of a great PEO partnership as soon as possible