With some of the best beaches in the world and a diverse state economy, people live in North Carolina for all sorts of reasons, and whatever your reason, we hope you have the home of your dreams there. Yet large storms, floods, and other forces may pose a threat, and you need to be prepared. Fortunately, North Carolina isn’t the most expensive place to get homeowners insurance, so there’s no excuse not to at least look into getting the protection you need for your home. And to help, we’ve already found the cheapest providers in the state.
Here are the three cheapest homeowners insurance providers operating in North Carolina:
The Three Cheapest Quotes:
The following information follows the averages and general trends, but North Carolina has many different types of homes and threats, and there are many factors that go into a quote. Your experience may vary from what you read about below.
The number listed next to each provider is the average annual rate for a standard policy.
1) Amica: $782
The cheapest option on average for North Carolina and the best option here if you’re looking for a company that cares about customer service and customer satisfaction, Amica is likely the best option for many customers and will make the entire insurance signup process painless for you. Whether you have a smaller home or a more significant lot, Amica probably has a plan for you.
Yet while they are the cheapest and the friendliest, Amica might not be able to offer as many options and customization opportunities as other companies. If you don’t need anything special, however, this shouldn’t be a concern.
You can expect the following working with Amica:
- A large network of well-trained and qualified professionals that can repair your home if it were to get damaged.
- Two different levels of coverage to work with, standard and platinum, with platinum having many extra optional coverages added on.
- Optional coverages including water backup, loss assessment for communal property, computers, valuable items, credit card fraud, and business property.
2) State Farm: $893
A common feature on lists of cheapest homeowners insurance providers across the country, State Farm is one of the largest companies in the country and focuses on providing effective yet simple policies to millions of people across the country. With them you won’t have to worry about the details or options you’ll never use, and you pay an affordable price for your annual policy. Nothing more than that to confuse you.
Yet for all of the benefits of simplicity, State Farm is lacking in options and customization possibilities, so North Carolina homes that might have to worry about rare threats or have special needs may want to look elsewhere for a policy.
You can expect the following working with State Farm:
- An excellent online platform that also has a quoting tool that is hard to beat in terms of accuracy and ease-of-use.
- The benefits of working with one of the most experienced and stable insurance providers in the business.
- A level of dedication to making sure customers are satisfied.
3) Nationwide: $1,276
Nationwide is a bit of a jump in price from the first two providers, but they will also provide you with the greatest number of options, making them the best choice for homes or homeowners that need special coverages or coverage levels. You’ll be able to customize your policy, and their default options will be able to be enough for most homes to rest easy.
Yet Nationwide isn’t perfect when it comes to being cost-effective, as their optional coverages as far overpriced if you do the math on them, and their competitors offer far more reasonable equivalent alternatives.
You can expect the following working with Nationwide:
- One of the best plans in the business if you need to repair or replace damaged or stolen items.
- Optional flood, earthquake, water backup, identity theft, and enhanced home replacement and valuables coverages.
- A good range of sizable discounts that can cut into your total annual rate.
Other Notable North Carolina Homeowners Insurance Providers
Getting an average annual rate for every company proved impossible, but we didn’t want to leave homeowners without some additional options worth their consideration. Here are two of them:
4) North Carolina Farm Bureau
One of many Farm Bureau branches or organizations across the country, the North Carolina Farm Bureau’s main focus is to provide support to and be an advocate for farmers and agricultural workers in the state, and one of the main benefits to being a member (and anyone can be a member) are their insurance options. You’ll likely get quoted a very affordable policy for your home that handles all the standard threats.
Yet due to their size and range, the North Carolina Farm Bureau may not be as stable or have as many options as the competition. Additionally, the online systems are relatively lacking, and getting more information will be difficult without talking to an agent. Finally, you do need to be a member to get the insurance.
You can expect the following working with North Carolina Farm Bureau:
- Other insurance plans and bundling opportunities if you have other things you want to insure.
- Agents and customer service representatives that know the unique threats facing North Carolina homes.
- A range of different discounts available to keep your rate low.
An organization that’s dedicated to providing support and services to military members, former military members, and their families, USAA is able to provide financial and insurance services for these groups, and as a result of their focus, they are one of the best options available in North Carolina. From them, you’ll be able to get a cheap policy that covers all the main threats and get excellent service along the way.
The main downside about them is that you may not be able to get their services if you aren’t among one of the groups listed above, but otherwise, we have little negative to say about the organization and the services it provides.
You can expect the following working with USAA:
- A staff that knows exactly how to work with veterans and military families, and knows their unique concerns.
- Other excellent financial products and services if you and your family are interested and could use them.
- Excellent bundling options if you want several different types of policies.
North Carolina homes can have regular threats against them in the form of storms, fires, and more, but fortunately, homeowners insurance is nonetheless affordable in this beautiful state. That means there’s no excuse not to look into a policy, and we ask you to do so as soon as possible for the sake of your home and for the sake of a secure future. We hope that the above information helps you and that regardless of your choice, you are able to live happily in your home for decades to come.