If you want to get away from it all, North Dakota has a place for you. This sparsely populated state has an abundance of natural resources and opportunities to build a home, and we want you to be able to protect that home and ensure your family’s roots for generations to come. That’s why we recommend just about every homeowner get homeowners insurance in order to prepare for the worst, as there are storms, fires, and other threats that can damage or even destroy your home.
Here are the three cheapest homeowners insurance providers operating in North Dakota:
The Three Cheapest Quotes:
We would like to note here that there are many different factors that go into a quote, and that you will likely have a different experience than what’s listed below. Please consider the following information a general guide.
The number listed next to each provider is the average annual rate for a standard policy.
1) Amica: $1,566
The cheapest option on average by a notable margin in North Dakota and a paragon of excellent customer service in the industry, Amica puts customer satisfaction at the forefront of their business model, and it shows. Able to accommodate needs and concerns large and small, Amica has a couple of different coverage levels and some customizability in terms of those levels.
And while Amica is a great choice if you like what they have to offer, know that they don’t offer too much more and that there won’t be all the customization options you might find elsewhere. You will also need to check if all policy options are available in your area, and their relatively limited online options don’t help with that.
You can expect the following working with Amica:
- A network of professionals they have on hand to help repair your home in the event of damage.
- Optional coverages for water backup, computers and electronics, loss assessment for communal property, credit card fraud, valuable items, flood damage, and business property.
- A good bundling discount, and plenty of different types of insurance on offer.
2) State Farm: $2,251
Able to provide a solid and simple homeowners insurance policy no matter where you happen to be, State Farm is a reliable company that also happens to be one of the largest providers in the world, contributing to its dominance and ensuring its stability no matter what might happen in your area. If you’re just looking to fulfill a requirement and Amica isn’t the best choice for you, consider getting a quote from State Farm.
Yet if you want much more than such a plan, you’ll want to look elsewhere. A lack of discount options outside the basics means you won’t be lowering your rate much, and the customization options for your policy are lacking if you review the competition.
You can expect the following working with State Farm:
- One of the best online experiences in the industry, complete with a quick, accurate, and easy-to-use quoting tool.
- Agents available in all places and at most times, making speaking with someone about a policy easy.
- A strong infrastructure and State Farm is among the most fiscally stable insurance providers.
3) Farmers: $3,169
More expensive still is Farmers, an insurance company known for its homeowners insurance offerings as well as its excellent service. And we understand if this cost is prohibitive. Yet for readers who are still interested, we would like to note that Farmers has the customization options that Amica and State Farm don’t, and they might be able to cover homes and valuables that might otherwise be at risk.
Yet despite these promises, there is a contingent of customers who aren’t happy with Farmers after signing up. Some find that the coverage levels weren’t what they were hoping for, and others weren’t satisfied with how their rate went up after a year or two. Be careful and read every word of your policy.
You can expect the following working with Farmers:
- Declining deductibles and claim forgiveness for those who make claims rarely to infrequently.
- Coverage for trees, shrubs, and other types of landscaping.
- Plenty of different types of discounts available to keep your rate reasonable.
Other Notable North Dakota Homeowners Insurance Providers
While we could only reliably determine the average annual rate for the above three companies, there are still other companies worth your attention. Please consider the following two options:
USAA is an organization that exclusively serves military members, former military members, and their families. And one of the main services they provide is insurance of many different types that’s affordable, effective, and well-suited to those groups. They’re happy to help, can provide many other financial services, and have prices that are extremely competitive.
The only downside to USAA is that you need to qualify for their services by being in one of the above categories. Yet if you’re a military member or married to one, there’s almost no reason to not put them near the top of your list.
You can expect the following working with USAA:
- Customer service reps and agents who know exactly who to work with military families and their concerns.
- Coverage that will handle every common threat.
- Excellent bundling options if you’re interested in additional policies.
More of a service provider than an insurance provider, Progressive is a great place to start if you don’t know where else to turn and are looking for the absolute cheapest options in North Dakota. They’ll provide you with a few different options to choose from, ask you some questions to determine what you need, and generally guide you through the whole insurance process.
Yet if you use Progressive, to be sure of everything you will need to do some additional research as to the final provider of your policy. Progressive might also work with lesser-known underwriters, which can vary in reliability and easiness to work with. All of this noted, there’s no risk in simply seeing what they have to offer.
You can expect the following working with Progressive:
- A dedication to getting you the cheapest rate possible.
- Many different online tools and apps to help you make the right choice.
- Usually plenty of options and tiers of coverage available among the quotes and results you’ll get from them.
We understand that it might not be the easiest task to find a perfect match for homeowners insurance in North Dakota, but whether you’re on the plains or near a city, we’re sure that you will be able to find a policy that’s affordable for your family and works for your home. Getting that extra layer of security and peace of mind is important, especially when the elements can be unpredictable. We hope that you don’t delay and start looking into a policy today.