A state with friendly people and fantastic music, Missouri is a blend of ideas and cultures, and people come and go often, living in apartments perhaps much like your own. Yet have you given much thought as to the safety and security of your place? If something should happen to it or your possessions, what would you do? Missouri is great, but it isn’t immune to disaster. A great way to help yourself is getting a renters insurance policy, which can be comprehensive and doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
Here are the five cheapest renters insurance providers operating in Missouri:
The Five Cheapest Quotes:
Missouri is a pretty big state, so we would like to mention that the rates and impressions detailed below can be different from what your impressions will be depending on your location and situation. That being said, you should use these write-ups to better determine your choices and where you should start your research.
The number listed next to each provider is the average annual rate for a standard policy.
1) State Farm: $225
The on-average cheapest provider in Missouri, as in many other states, State Farm can be a great choice if you have a requirement to fill or simply want a basic policy that can help you back on your feet should the worst happen. And since they are one of the largest providers in the country, they have plenty of experience doing just that.
Something you should know, though, is that while your policy will work fine and you’ll likely get a cheaper rate, the customer service experience won’t have the same polish you’ll find with some of the other providers listed here, and you’ll have to decide what you value most.
You can expect the following working with State Farm:
- A great loss-of-use policy that will make sure you are never without a place to stay if your apartment becomes uninhabitable.
- Coverage for expensive items that goes beyond what you would expect for the price.
- A massive, stable infrastructure that you can rely on.
2) Allstate: $313
The second cheapest provider in the state (although it is a bit of a jump), Allstate is another massive company that will be able to provide you with sufficient coverage. In some cases, the coverage will be excellent, such as their expensive items coverage, and there are even bundling options available to keep your rate cheap.
Much like State Farm, though, you may have to watch out for the occasional poor customer service experience. Rate hikes in certain areas are also a possibility.
You can expect the following working with Allstate:
- Great water damage and flood coverage, should you live near a river or have those specific concerns.
- Very competitive bundling deals and options if you want to get all of your insurance from one provider.
- A simple, well-organized company structure that ensures stability and reliability over time.
3) Nationwide: $374
A great all-around option and a provider that we’re used to seeing as more of a premium option in other states, Nationwide is the best choice for renters who have clear ideas about their priorities, what coverages they want, and what risks (if any) they’re willing to take. Your coverages are modifiable, and the company and their agents will be willing to help you through every step of the process.
However, some people who get a quote from Nationwide might see a price hike depending on the area, and you may also be concerned about coverage levels for certain item groups. Ultimately, you’ll have to decide if the customization is worth it.
You can expect the following working with Nationwide:
- The ability to customize your deductible, which can heavily affect your annual rate.
- A free annual insurance assessment which will help you make sure you get the best deal.
- Some excellent bundling opportunities to make your policies more affordable.
4) Farmers: $403
Our main choice for those renters who want great service to go along with their policy, Farmers is the relatively headache-free provider where you can trust to be guided in a friendly manner into a policy that can work for your household. Additionally, there’s a strong chance you’ll be able to adjust some aspects of your policy to make it more to your liking, such as a situationally customizable deductible.
Perfect service doesn’t mean a perfect company, though, and for some people there have been bureaucratic problems that, while handled amicably and eventually resolved, slowed down the process. You also might not get the level of default coverage you want for some categories, so double-checking your offer is of paramount importance.
You can expect the following working with Farmers:
- Optional identity theft coverage, pet injury insurance, and liability coverage.
- Umbrella coverage offerings if you think you could use it.
- A patient and helpful response to all of your questions.
5) Liberty Mutual: $475
It can be tough to justify looking into Liberty Mutual when where are less expensive options available, but they can also be a very safe pick for people worried about a variety of issues, as they have no concerning gaps in coverage and enough coverage to recover most apartments without issue in nearly every category.
We would not recommend bundling your insurance with them, though, as their universal acclaim doesn’t truly extend to other areas of insurance coverage. If bundling is a priority, there are better options that will provide you with a more reliable total package.
You can expect the following working with Liberty Mutual:
- Partnerships with many organizations. This mostly translates into a way to get your foot in the door and get a great discount if you’re a member of one of them.
- A helpful and friendly staff, whether it comes to claims or just answering questions.
- Optional coverages that include but are not limited to identity theft coverage, water damage, enhanced high-value items coverage, and jewelry and electronics coverage.
A state with somewhat high renters insurance rates on average, Missouri still has companies that can provide you with a cheap policy if you know where to look and what deals to take. We know this choice can be difficult, but we are also certain that with a bit of time and research, someone with a clear plan and the above information has all they need to move forward and get the safety net they, their apartment, and their family deserves. We hope you find your perfect fit today.