You might not expect natural disasters or tough times to come to Nebraska, especially to people who don’t live there, but you can be certain that fires catch and break-ins occur just as easily here as anywhere. That’s why that if you don’t have it already, you are going to want renters insurance to ease the burden of stress on you. However, not all policies are created equal, and they are certainly not equally priced. That’s why we did some additional research for you.
Here are the five cheapest renters insurance providers operating in Nebraska:
The Five Cheapest Quotes:
Not every apartment in Nebraska is alike, and we understand that. We also understand that as a result of this fact what you read down below might not match up exactly with your final experience. We hope you, therefore, perform further research, get quotes, and use this article as more of a general guide.
The number listed next to each provider is the average annual rate for a standard policy.
1) State Farm: $159
The cheapest provider of renters insurance on average in Nebraska and perhaps the country, few companies can compete with State Farm when it comes to the size and scope of their business. This allows them to be the king when it comes to easy-to-understand, affordable policies. As such, we think it might be the best choice for most people, especially those who simply want to get a plan and move on.
Yet while they are cheap, they might not offer too much in terms of customization when compared with similarly priced policies from the next few providers on this list. Additionally, they have relatively poor customer service ratings (in an industry known for poor service on average).
You can expect the following working with State Farm:
- A loss-of-use policy that’s a cut above the rest.
- A stable structure that will be reliable for you.
- Excellent expensive items coverage, if you happen to have plenty of valuable items in your apartment.
2) Nationwide: $167
A company that’s usually more expensive in other states (with a few exceptions, Nebraska being one of them), Nationwide will almost certainly be your best choice if you are interested in getting a more customized plan, as simply put they give you the most options. Almost the opposite of State Farm in this respect, you will be able to customize not only the level of coverage you get for various categories of items, but also your deductible itself.
At this price, we have little bad to say about Nationwide, except that to get the most of them you will want to get into the details. You may also want to be careful about their default coverage levels.
You can expect the following working with Nationwide:
- A very high level of coverage and service for the price you’ll likely be paying.
- A free assessment each year to determine if you’re getting the coverage that’s best for you.
- Several bundling options that can lower your rate even further.
3) Allstate: $195
Comparable to State Farm in many ways, Allstate is another huge country-wide provider of insurance services that is able to give you a cheap rate with some commendable perks and services on top of that. They specialize in a few key things listed below without losing their ability to provide you great all-around coverage.
Yet again like State Farm, customer service isn’t their strong suit. You might also need to look out for rate spikes in some areas. In short, look further into them before blindly signing the paperwork.
You can expect the fo0llowing working with Allstate:
- The ability to get discounts through their partner organizations, of which there are many.
- Optional coverages which include identity theft restoration, business property coverage, water damage coverage, and others.
- Speaking of water damage coverage, that and their flooding coverage are both among the best in the field for the price you’ll be paying.
4) Liberty Mutual: $256
Liberty Mutual is a bit more expensive than the previous entries, yes, but it also is a great all-around pick about which most customers can’t find a single thing to complain about, which is always a plus if you’re looking for effective coverage that won’t make you wonder if there’s anything missing to be worried about. That level of security can be worth quite a bit.
And while we have very little bad to say about Liberty Mutual’s renters insurance, there are some notably negative reports when it comes to their auto insurance which may give some people pause before bundling.
You can expect the following working with Liberty Mutual:
- A very useful set of online protocols and systems to make online services effective and easy-to-use.
- The ability to get a quick and accurate quote.
- Optional coverages available, such as electronics, jewelry, water damage, added coverage for high-value items, and identity theft.
5) Farmers: $293
Some people are willing to pay more of a premium for quality service, and in Nebraska, that’s what Farmers is hoping for. While the most expensive company still making the cut for this list, they are dedicated to customer satisfaction and hope that you can work with them without any issues during your relationship. You will also have a few policy customization options and even might be able to change your deductible, depending on the plan you’re thinking of.
You may want to check into their coverage levels a bit more before signing on the dotted line, though, to see if they’ll be enough. You also might not want to work with them in a hurry, as some people have reported long, but friendly, times waiting for them on one issue or another.
You can expect the following working with Farmers:
- Pet injury insurance, liability coverage, and identity theft coverage as customization options.
- A competitive umbrella insurance policy.
- A very responsive customer support team, no matter your concern or question.
Getting renters insurance can be a difficult process, but some prep work such as reading this article can make the pains of it much more bearable. The next step is getting your own quotes, so we hope that you take that plunge and look further into the companies listed here that you think might be the best pick. There is no universally perfect choice, only the best one for you and your apartment, so feel confident in your choice. No matter what that is, we wish you nothing but peace in your Nebraska apartment.