Pinecone Research is totally legitimate and one of the most popular market research platforms you may consider.
Not to mention, this survey site is backed by a major market research organization you will recognize, and they do not play games.
Without further ado, below is everything you would want to know about Pinecone Research.
What is Pinecone Research?
Pinecone Research is considered one of the oldest market research companies available on the Internet today. Pinecone Research is a legitimate paid survey site owned and operated by Nielsen Company.
The Nielsen Company is one of the biggest market research companies and has been around for quite a long time. This company was started on January 10, 1998, and is based out of New York.
However, it’s an invite-only service. So, not everyone may get access to it.
Is Pinecone Research Legit?
Pinecone Research is one of the paid survey sites that is recognized by the Better Business Bureau.
Nielsen has garnered a favorable rating of A+ at the BBB, which helps provide credibility to Pinecone Research – so Pinecone Research is 100% safe and legit.
Pinecone is very different from other paid survey platforms available in several ways.
For starters, Pinecone Research offers surveys, product testing, and website testing services.
Just like its slogan highlights, by completing the online surveys assigned, your opinions will directly “influence tomorrow’s products today.”
So, if you are looking to make some extra cash easily by completing surveys, then Pinecone Research isn’t a bad option.
How To Join Pinecone Research?
The minimum age requirement to join Pinecone Research is 18 years old, and you must have a valid email address.
Besides that, the survey panel is available to survey takers from United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany.
How Does Pinecone Research Work?
As mentioned, Pinecone Research is very different from other paid survey panels. Pinecone Research is an invite-only survey platform.
There are two different ways to open an account with Pinecone Research:
- If an existing member or panelist sends you a referral link
- If you happen to be lucky enough to find a Pinecone sign-up banner or link
Signing Up For Pinecone Research
To join Pinecone Research, you simply have to fill out a quick form sharing your basic information such as valid email address, full name, home address, date of birth, and gender and demographic questions.
Other topics include your household income, education levels, and/or occupation. The registration process is straightforward, quick, and absolutely free.
Please note, filling out the sign-up form does NOT guarantee that you will be accepted into the Pinecone survey panel.
Instead, they select you, and their decision is based on the demographic information you provide and how that demographic information matches with what the companies want.
Your answers will help them determine if you are precisely what they are looking for. There is no trick or shortcut to this. Try to be as sincere as you can while answering the questions.
So, if the information you give does not match the demographic of what companies are looking for, you might not qualify for membership at that time. But, if accepted into the Pinecone panel, you’ll receive a “Welcome” email shortly after.
How Much Can I Make with Pinecone Research?
Just like other survey websites, you won’t get rich by just completing paid surveys on Pinecone Research.
However, Pinecone Research is a legit platform where you can make easy money on the side.
A fascinating thing about Pinecone Research is that it is considered one of the highest-paying survey panels out there.
Pinecone rewards you a minimum of $3 on every survey you complete – and the surveys usually take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete, but there are surveys that even take a shorter time.
The more surveys, product testing, and website testing you get, the more earnings you will get.
However, although it pays quite well per survey, you will not be receiving surveys each day. So you should not expect to make a fortune or make a full-time income from taking Pinecone Research surveys.
Another exciting thing I like about his survey panel is that it doesn’t have a minimum redemption amount.
This means that you don’t need to have a minimum number of points before redeeming. As a matter of fact, after you open your account and complete your first survey, they send you a check for $3.
How Does Pinecone Research Pay?
I know this is the most interesting part for most of you. After you’ve earned some points in your account, you can redeem the points and cash out.
Thankfully, there is no minimum payout so you can withdrawal whenever you feel like it.
There are three payment options you can request your payment from Pinecone Research:
- PayPal: sent directly to your account within 3-5 business days
- Check: mailed to your address in 10-14 business days
- Gift Cards: cash out for gift card to Amazon and other retailers
After completing your first survey, Pinecone will send you a check for $3. This is the only time they require payout to be made via check.
After your initial payout through a check, your account will accumulate normally, and you can choose when and how you want to get paid.
If you like to earn free Amazon gift cards, Pinecone is a great way to receive them for your time.
Pros & Cons
Like all sites that offer surveys for money, there are some pros and cons. For this Pinecone Research review, we did a deep dive into exactly what you can expect should you decide to sign up.
Here’s the breakdown:
- It is absolutely free to join. Pinecone might be an invite-only survey panel, but it is exclusively free to join and complete the surveys.
- They pay quite well compared to other survey websites. Each completed survey pays about $3.
- Unlike Survey Junkie, there is no chance of disqualification on the Pinecone panel as you are only given the surveys which you qualify based on your demographic information.
- It is not a scam. Pinecone Research is operated by a New York-based market research company known as Nielsen. Nielsen owns an A+ rating from the BBB, which means that Pinecone is 100% legit.
- The payment processing is pretty fast when compared to other survey panels. Once you have completed your surveys, you can have your funds in your account after a few days.
- Pinecone Research allows you to test products before they are released to the general public. It gives you the opportunity to contribute your quota to the product which everyone has been waiting for.
- There is no minimum redemption rate. This means you can redeem the available points in your account if you need urgent cash.
- The company does not have a mobile app yet. This implies you have to at your laptop or computer while taking the surveys.
- Harder to join this survey panel since you need an invitation for someone who is already a member to fill out the form.
- You can be removed from the survey panel when the demographics prerequisites adjust drastically.
Is Pinecone Research Worth It?
Overall, I would say Pinecone Research is exclusively legit. Besides that, it is one of the oldest survey sites out there that it worth both your time and effort.
So, if you are looking for a great way to earn some extra cash on the side, then Pinecone Research is a great place to invest.
The major drawback is you can join the survey panel by invite only. But if you are lucky enough to get a membership, I would recommend you utilize the survey panel in tandem with some other great panels such as Survey Junkie and Swagbucks to increase your income on a weekly and monthly basis.